Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween Costumes

This year we have a little frog and gnome on our hands.

Natalie has known for months that she wanted to be a frog for Halloween, so I made it happen for her.  


I found the frog head/hood pattern on Etsy and after I found that, I threw the rest together.


I bought a white shirt and pants from Target and then dyed them green.  I dyed them a different green to begin with, but the color turned out very differently than I imagined.  So I had to buy a new pair of pants and try again.  That time it worked out pretty well, but it still didn't really match the frog head I made... SO... I made a second head with yarn that matched.  


I used a darker color of green yarn to make little spots to sew onto the head, shirt and pants.  


I also made her a little stuffed frog belly, and hands and feet.  The hands and feet are just green gloves that I found at The Dollar Tree that somehow matched pretty perfectly.  I bought three pairs of them in case the ones on her feet got ruined.  After three wears (and two more to go) they are still in tact, but filthy.  They still work though!


They are just slipped on over her shoes so we can take them off if she's having a hard time walking.  She walks really well in them, I think partly because if the toes get caught under her foot she can just walk on top of them and they don't trip her up or anything because they aren't stuffed.  Just flimsy glove fingers.  She hasn't tripped in them at all yet, but I did take them off at a Halloween party we went to on Friday.  She's been a champ.


She seriously loves frogs so she is loving wearing this costume, and it makes me really really happy that she likes it.  I think she feels like she's actually a frog and she loves it :)

I like that girl.  A lot.

Now for little Claire Bear's costume.


A gnome was the only idea I kept going back to for her.  I think it's because she's so teeny tiny and only a gnome seemed fitting :) She just makes a perfect gnome in my opinion.  


I used a onesie and tights we already had.  I did buy the jumper from H&M, but she'll wear it other times than this. 


The shoes are just soft shoes I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby and I dyed them red.


I made the hat out of felt and made the leaves and acorns out of felt too and sewed them on.


I also made the apron and sewed on little felt mushrooms I made.


I just can't get enough of seeing her in this costume.  I seriously can't.  She's just the cutest little gnome baby in the world.




 I wish it was Halloween every day.


1 comment:

  1. Just keep on making adorable costume for them, and it can be Halloween every day! LOLOL. They are both just so darn cute! Great work, Mom! Very impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete