Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Claire's Birthday Party

This is only three months late... But it's still worth documenting, right?  Kristin likes to point out when my blog sucks (which is always because I'm boring) and she's done it again :) I have been meaning to do this post, so I figured I'd still do it. 

Here we go.


We celebrated Claire's first birthday party two days before her actual birthday.  We had lots of family and a few friends come to celebrate with us and she had a great day!


She's a great eater, so I was super excited to have a child who would actually eat their birthday cake.  She ended up not digging into it like I imagined, but it was still cute.  I had some serious frosting issues with her cake, so maybe she realized it wasn't real appetizing looking or something.  It still tasted good to me :)  She did eat some, but no handfuls or shoving her face in it or anything.  

 
We did a donut theme and I had a lot of fun with it.  I made mini donuts and regular sized donuts with two donut pans I bought.  They worked perfectly and all of the donuts came out really well.  Thank goodness I had some help from one of my friends who came to visit, because it ended up taking longer than I imagined.  We got it all done in plenty of time, but it was nice to have some extra hands! 

I had a lot of fun decorating and putting stuff together.  I didn't go too crazy overboard I don't think?  If our house was bigger we'd probably be in trouble, but our dining room is tiny so I feel like I need to control myself somewhat.  I also have issues with clutter and I am a pack rat, so things tend to get a little crazy in here.  


She had a great fun happy birthday and I love that little teeny thing so much.  She is such a good girl and she makes me incredibly happy.  I can't believe she is already one.  And Natalie will be three in two months and that is blowing my mind.  These girls need to stop growing up.




But I'd still like to have birthday parties and holidays.. They can just stay little though.

(Somehow big sister is the one with a present here...)


They are my favorites.







1 comment: