Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Eight Months Old


These are the cutest pictures yet I'm pretty sure.  Prepare yourselves.

 
We are getting dangerously close to this girl's first birthday and I'm going to have a minor panic attack I'm pretty sure.  Where have the past 8 months gone, honestly???  I cannot believe she's 8 months old.  Can. not. believe it.  8 months have passed since I gave birth to this precious little girl.  It just doesn't seem like that's possible. 


She got her first tooth about a week ago!  I am a little afraid of it, but so far she's being nice to me.  It's pretty adorable.  How can a tooth be so cute?  She is shaking her head ''no'' a lot lately when she is fussing about something.  It's kind of hilarious.  And by "kind of" I mean I laugh hysterically every time, because it's ridiculous and adorable.


She is the biggest sweetheart ever.  She's way more loving than Natalie was as a baby.  I mistakenly said ''She's way more lovable than Natalie was as a baby'' the other day... which sounded pretty terrible :) She's much more of a cuddler and I love her for it.  Natalie has never really wanted to sit still long enough for good cuddles. She has her moments, but for the most part she just wants to be on the move all the time. 


Claire is still not crawling, but I really do think it's probably a good thing.  That doesn't mean I'm not waiting for it every single day though.  She's so so so close.  I'm giving it a week before she's doing.  I really think it will happen.  It's so hilarious to think that Natalie had been crawling for TWO MONTHS by this age.  That girl...


Do they come cuter than this?  I really don't think so.  I could stare at this face all day.

At 8 months old she wants to eat EVERYTHING she can get her hands on.  This is totally new territory for me, considering Natalie still won't eat hardly anything.  Claire eats avocados, pears, apples, bananas, kiwi, green beans, carrots, some meat... Tons of stuff. She's' eaten and liked everything we have given her.  It's awesome.  


She's being a good sleeper again.  Most nights she sleeps until about 5-5:30 (and sometimes just sleeps all night until about 6:30ish) and eats and then goes back to sleep until 7 or so.  Sometimes I go get her up at 7:30 if she's still asleep because I want her naps to stay basically the same.  That doesn't happen super often though. She's down to two naps most days now.  Sometimes three, it just depends.  I am enjoying her schedule.  She's a pretty easy baby and I am obsessed with her.



I did not have the camera ready when she bent over and started sucking on her toe... I whipped it out as fast as I could but the flash wasn't ready of course.  I'm glad I caught it though... Once again, do they come any cuter?  She makes my heart hurt with her cuteness.


She babbles nonstop these days.  She is saying ''ma'' and ''da'' but not really "mama" and "dada".  I think it's too young to claims she's saying those things, but there are lots of ''ma ma ma ma ma'' and ''da da da da da'' 's going on.  Although this morning when I opened the door to get her out of her crib, she let out one little ''mama'' when I got in her room.  Just sayin'. ;)


She's also starting to wave and it is the cutest thing in my life at the moment.  I walked into the room yesterday and she just raised her little arm up and waved at me.  And then I died.


She's just precious.  She really is.  I love love loved Natalie as a baby, and I love love love love love her now.  But I'm enjoying their differences so far.  Natalie was and is just a crazy little wild thing, and so far Claire is calmer and sweet and... I don't know.  Just awesome.  They are the both the best kids ever.   


What else is new in her world... A tooth, babbling, minutes away from crawling... Hmm.  She has started laughing at everything Natalie does and that is pretty dang cute too.  They are going to be best friends pretty soon and I can't wait for it. 


WHAT IS THE CUTENESS?  Michael thinks her hair makes her look like a boy here... I did kind of unintentionally sweep it to the side because I wiped her face on right before I took these.  I can't wait for her hair to get longer.  I can't even imagine what she is going to look like as she gets older.  Natalie looks exactly like she did as a baby, so... what does Claire's little baby face look like as a two year old?  So hilarious to imagine. 


I just can't get over her.  I really can't.  She is such a good baby and she's made this whole having two kids thing so easy on me.  Natalie has done amazing too, but if Claire had been a more high maintenance baby things just wouldn't be going so smoothly.  Natalie is high maintenance enough for both of them some days :) Oh two year olds...

I am so incredibly thankful for them.  So so so thankful.  We are blessed beyond words.  They are healthy and happy and just absolutely amazing.  I can't imagine loving them any more than I do right now, but I know I will continue to just love them more and more and more.  My heart just might explode.  It's dangerous loving two little girls this much.

Happy 8 months Claire!

Here is the comparison of the girls at 8 months:



No comments:

Post a Comment