Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Giant Stuffed Camel

So, I made a camel.


I have had this camel picture pinned on my ''Oh Baby'' board for a while now because it's just adorable:


I wasn't completely obsessing over having a huge camel of my own (yet), but I did think it was pretty extremely amazingly cute. 

Well, I came across it again on Saturday and thought to myself how crazy awesome it was.  So I googled ''Giant camel pattern'' and you know what... Besides finding a pattern on ebay that I was THISCLOSE to buying... I freaking found this amazing blog by a girl who made a giant camel after becoming obsessed with the same camel picture that I was obsessed with.


The super cute camel she made:

 

AND she posted the exact ebay pattern I almost bought FOR FREE!!! So if you feel like making a camel like this go to her blog and tell her thank you!  I was super excited about it.

So off to Hobby Lobby I went... to buy camel supplies.  I felt a little silly when I got asked what I was making and had to explain it in front of a huge line of people... And then felt about 10 times sillier after the woman who asked the question just said ''Well that's ok'' like she felt sorry for me that my big project was to be making a huge camel.  Psh.  It is ok, thank you very much.

I cut out the pieces Saturday afternoon, and on Sunday I got to sewing.  I finished it on Monday night, besides sewing on two extra legs this morning.  The pattern only called for two, so I originally only sewed two on.  But the girl who posted the pattern made two more because she said it looked goofy without them, and she was right.  It just didn't look normal...  So we've got a four legged camel and I think that's the way it should be.

 

Natalie saw me working on it, but she got to actually ride it this morning.  She thinks it's pretty fun, which makes me really happy.  I was going to be sad if she couldn't have cared less about it, but she likes it.  If she didn't I would've just left it sitting around anyways because it's hilarious.


She got off and gave it a hug all on her own, so that means she really does like it :)

"Yee haw!"



I'm a little impressed with myself that I didn't totally ruin it... And that I got it done pretty quickly.  I may or may not have put my personal hygiene last on my priority list in order for that to happen, but who cares?  Probably Michael...

Anyways.


We have a camel.  Natalie did say this morning that her/his/its name is Dora.  Then I laughed and said ''Is it's name Dora?'' and she said ''No!''.  So, who knows. 

 It's nameless for now.  Suggestions welcome. 

Where are we going to keep this thing though, honestly?  I should really think before I do things...




1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I just finished checking out the other blog with the pattern a few minutes ago and stumbled across yours. You did it justice :) I saw someone else who made it, and it didn't turn out quite right right, but you've given me faith in the pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete