Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Claire's Baptism

 

I'm about a week and a half late with this, but I feel like these pictures are just too cute not to post.


We got Claire baptized on September 29th, and it was absolutely precious.  We actually got her baptized almost exactly a year after we did Natalie's.  It was funny to be up there a year later with a toddler and a two month old.  


Claire wore the dress that I was baptized in and I love that we got to use it.  It was lost for a long time and I am so so happy that I found it!  And just in time.  I found it while I was pregnant with her, but totally forgot about it again until about a week before the baptism.  Good timing.


I had to keep handing Natalie fruit snacks in hopes that it would keep her mouth occupied enough so she'd be quiet.  It didn't completely work, but she did alright.  She got a few laughs, and didn't throw a fit so it was a success I'd say.



Claire was a little angel... She slept through the whole thing.  She opened her eyes when they put the water on her head but drifted right back off to sleep.  The pastor commented on it a couple of times, and said he was just going to keep her up there with him.  I don't blame him for wanting to... she's pretty darn cute.



 After they did the baptism, they walked her up and down the aisle as everyone sang "Jesus Loves Me".  I think it's so cute that they do that, and it was even cuter because Natalie was trying to sing along.  I have this disease where my eyes tear up instantly as soon as I start to laugh... or try REALLY hard not to laugh in this instance... So I'm standing up there trying to sing "Jesus Love Me" for my cute little newly baptized baby while holding my cute little 21 month old baby who is hitting about every 5th word to the song and swaying back and forth.  It was just too cute and sweet and funny, my eyes couldn't handle it.  Tears, people.  I could barely see.



(I love her chubby little face in this picture)


When we all put our hands on her and prayed, Natalie reached over and held her hand and it couldn't have made me happier.  It didn't last real long, but it was insanely cute if you ask me.
 




  I love that baby so much (both of them), it's unreal.  She is seriously the best.  She's so cute and sweet and my heart flutters every time I look at her.  It doesn't get much cornier than that, but it's so true.  She is the biggest sweetheart and I am so so so grateful for her.



 These girls are my favorite. 




2 comments:

  1. Very awesome!! Very adorable little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny to see how grown up Natalie is now compared to her tiny sister!!! they are such dolls! that looked like such a nice baptism, and the dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete