Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Kool Aid Scented Colored Rice Sensory Bin (and random pictures of the girls...)


A kool aid scented rice bin is probably my favorite smell ever I've decided.  So many different flavors of kool aid all wafting at me all mixed together... good stuff.  And it is fun to look at!

I used two cups of rice per color, one packet of kool aid and 1-2 tsp. of water.  I also added a few drops of food coloring to make the colors a bit brighter.  Mixed it all up in a zip lock bag and shook it up until it was blended, then laid the bag flat on the counter to sit for 15-20 minutes.  After that you just have to pour it out onto some aluminum foil and let it dry over night or for 6-8 hours.  I let it sit over night just to make sure it was all dry.  I stirred it up a few times as I walked past it and I'm pretty sure it was dry by the 6ish hour mark, but I left it anyways.



Add some random Dollar Tree purchases and you've got a bright colorful delicious smelling sensory bin!


I am in love with the Dollar Tree.  

Mini tongs
A rainbow colored pill container
Muffin tin
Pastry brush (is that what that thing is called?)
A packet of colorful frogs
Pom poms
2 bright colored scoops


Add one little excited girl and we were good to go.



She had a lot of fun just scooping the rice and dumping it right back in.  She didn't go for the tongs much, but we'll work on her using the tongs to pick up the pom poms or the frogs.  Good practice for her fine motor skills.

She liked the pill containers, and we did bury and dig up the frogs quite a bit. 

She also likes to scoop up the rice and then bring it up to her face really quickly to look at it... then the rice goes everywhere.  Good stuff...


Dumping the rice into the muffin tins.  I'm pretty sure there's a frog under there...


After we did this sensory bin/photoshoot I was looking at the pictures and decided it was time for a hair cut for this little girl.

Her first hair cut, by the way. 

I got brave (or crazy) during bath time that night and cut her bangs... They were very crooked and uneven that night and the next day, but I've fixed them now. They are also very short, but it's SO MUCH BETTER.  Her bangs were so incredibly long, and she hardly ever took her clips out when they were clipped back, but they'd get loose and then her hair was in her face again and she would get so frustrated.  So it was time.  And... it's pretty dang cute now, I'm not gonna lie.

The crooked/choppy/just cut look:

Don't judge my poor hair cutting skills. I had to be super quick and careful at the same time... not easy. But I'm pretty sure she didn't even notice that it happened and that's what I was going for :)


Here they are the next day while still a bit crooked and choppy, but oh so freaking cute...


She really couldn't be any cuter, am I right? I love her.

Girls on the floor.


Natalie got up and laid by Claire after deciding she had enough of being on my lap.  She loves her now.  She's not overly interested still, but she's definitely moved past the whole ''I don't have a little sister, I have no idea what you're talking about'' phase.  She's interested enough that she loves to look at her and she laughs at her a lot, so it's cute.  I really prefer this to having her wanting to smother her all the time I'm pretty sure.  So things are good :)


 Trying to master the K'tan.  She's content in there sometimes, and sometimes just wants her head out like this which is not how it's supposed to work if I'm not mistaken. This was almost 2 weeks ago already and I think we're better at it now.  Maybe.

To finish off, here are a few cute ones of my grandma holding Claire.  Too cute.
I love her little pouting face in this picture.



I still can't believe I have two kids, but I'm pretty stinking happy about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment