Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

IKEA Expedit Topped Felt Board/Outdoors Scene

I'm just a little excited about this project.  I really really like how it turned out.  A lot.

 I wanted Natalie to have a felt board in her room, but I wasn't really sure what pieces I would make that would be cute and the more I thought about it the less fun it sounded.

Then I thought of this idea.



I just bought a yard of green felt (and used less than half of it...).  I glued that to a rug pad and then used sticky tabs to stick the rug pad to the expedit so that she won't pull it off.  It is stuck on there pretty well now so I feel good about it.  



 The clouds are from Urban Outfitters.  I actually had them stuck on the wall in Natalie's current room for about a week or two until I came up with this plan.  They are MUCH cuter here.  I love it.

I made all of the bushes, flowers, mushrooms and rocks out of felt.  It didn't actually take as long as you'd think, either.  I cut them while Natalie ate... which takes forever... so maybe that's why it seemed to go pretty quickly. 




 This little house and all of the animals in these pictures are Calico Critters.  We had some growing up that Kristin has ahold of for her girls... and is giving them to someone other than me... So rude.  Kidding, Kristin (totally not kidding, but I'll live).  SOOO, I checked ebay and Etsy and got some good deals to get all of this stuff.  I love love love it all and I think Natalie is going to be obsessed with the animals.  She hasn't seen any of this yet and I can't wait to see what she thinks!



This is the little paper mache house I decorated.  I love it here.  I'm so glad I didn't buy more like I planned!  There would be no extra room.


The whole scene.

I love love love it.

15 comments:

  1. Love it! (And by the way, the Calico Critters that I have are not the ones we had growing up. You'd have to ask Mom where those are. :) These were all gifted to the girls.) You will have to tell me what she thinks of her area, and send pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea Ali! I bet you get hours of play out of this set-up :) Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how adorable! and creative! and I love her reading/bed nook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target has cute bins...soft, pink and other colors as well as an owl and Hello Kitty! Hopefully they will fit in your holes! This play area is so cute!!! Brilliant! She is going to love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the paper mache house too... great job! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been featured at Craftionary for your awesome idea.. :) Come and check it out and button up if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the clouds on the wall! Ikea is the bomb! I wish we lived closer here, we are a good 4 hrs away... What a fun way to transform any room :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job I really love the mat in the aqua exactly what I have been searching for if you could let me know where you got it I would really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made it actually! Just bought some glittery aqua fabric from Joanns... I'm glad you like it though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I ask where you got the table? I have been looking for one like that and can't find one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at IKEA a few years ago. I just glanced at the website and didn't see a 5 cube one like this but they have others:

      http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/functional/10364/11465/

      Walmart also has similar ones:

      www.walmart.com/search/?query

      Delete
    2. I got it at IKEA a few years ago. I just glanced at the website and didn't see a 5 cube one like this but they have others:

      http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/functional/10364/11465/

      Walmart also has similar ones:

      www.walmart.com/search/?query

      Delete
  11. thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the Walmart link didn't copy correctly, but you're welcome! :)

      https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=better%20homes%20and%20gardens%20cube%20organizer&sort=best_match&cat_id=0

      Delete
    2. I guess the Walmart link didn't copy correctly, but you're welcome! :)

      https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=better%20homes%20and%20gardens%20cube%20organizer&sort=best_match&cat_id=0

      Delete