Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Stocking Stuffers For a One Year Old

I am 150% in the Christmas spirit already.  Our Christmas decorations came out on Monday... I know I know, before Thanksgiving... but I had to!

We put the tree up tonight after Natalie went to sleep... and I just can't help but being obsessed with this time of year.  Seriously, I'm in love with it.

Why do Christmas lights make everything so much better?? Just having our Christmas tree lights on while we sit in the living room is enough to make me have a permanent smile on my face.  Maybe we should leave it up all year??

I haven't been doing ornaments on our tree for the last couple of years, but I do put some berries and other decorations on (and a faux-fur Christmas tree skirt... oh yeah), and decided to use twist ties to hold them to the branches so Natalie couldn't pull them off.  We'll be working on keeping her away from the tree all together, but I'm hoping the twist ties keep everything on in case she does sneak over there when we aren't looking.  Wish us luck!

The stockings are hung and are in need of filling.  I'm stumped on Michaels, but here is a list for Natalie!




BabyLit Books: I stumbled upon these books and I could not be more in love with them. They have books on color, numbers and other cutenesses (it's a word now, be quiet), and I. Am. In. Love.  I'm seriously considering holding off on giving them to her because I'm so afraid of them getting ruined/slobbered on/chewed up/etc.  Great gift, huh? :) But seriously... SO FREAKING CUTE.  They are just adorable.  The illustrations couldn't be an cuter and I'm just drooling over them.  I can't get enough.  I want to buy some just for me, and I'm totally serious... I absolutely could not love them more.



Slippers: Because our house is freezing, and our hard wood floors are slippery for her quick little feet.  I don't think I need more of an explanation than that.


Toothbrush: A little boring, I know, but she loves to brush her teeth now! Ok, she loves to chew on the toothbrush, but still she's getting used to the idea that she brushes her teeth after bathtime and that's a habit I'd like to keep up!


Bathtub Crayons:  I've let her color before on paper that I taped to the living room floor and she was fairly interested.  I'd like to start letting her do more ''artsy'' stuff, and the bath tub seems like the best place to experiment :)


Pull Back Racing Bugs: Just seems like fun to me! She has start playing with cars more and has been actually rolling them around the floor so I think she'd get a kick out of these.  (Although her cousin's wind up hamster scared the living crap out of her, so we'll see what she thinks)


Munchkin Traveling Flash Cards: I am a flash card fa-reak.  Poor Natalie, right?  Well these are cute, and her curious little self will love them.  Especially the mirror on the cover because she's a tad bit vain.  But who can blame her with that adorable little face, right?  Or she thinks she's looking at her new best friend, it's hard to tell.   She loves to learn, and I'm pretty excited about that.  I don't know that that's any different than any other one year old, but I'm enjoying it!

 
Play-Doh:  I think she's got a bit of a sensory issue with all things mushy/gooey/whatever that isn't hard or crunchy.  So, I'd like to get her into playing with play-doh and hope that helps her... or I guess just wait it out until she's ready!  I'm hoping she outgrows this, because playing with Play-Doh is basically awesome.  And so are all non-dry foods... Crazy girl.

Well that's my list.  I'm sure there are tons more great ideas, but these the ones I picked for our adorable little goofball :)

No comments:

Post a Comment