Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Natalie the Superhero

Yay Halloween!

I had such a hard time thinking of a costume for Natalie for her first Halloween.  I tried to take Michael's opinion into consideration, although he makes it hard sometimes :) He just needs a little boy.  All of his suggestions were boy ideas.  He really really wanted her to be a hobbit, but I just couldn't do it.

So I thought he'd be ok with a superhero.  He was, but he wanted her to be an actual superhero and not a made up one.

But... That just didn't happen :)

This happened instead:


I made her whole costume, except for the shoes... but I did make the wings and the elastic laces :)



 
Super hero shoes.



This was really the only part of the costume that was at all time consuming and very tedious.  But it turned out pretty good I think.  

 
She was a good sport about the cape once I velcroed it in the back so it didn't rest on her neck.  She didn't like that.  

We took TONS of pictures last night and lost them all.  I threw a nice big fit about it, don't worry.  All of these pictures are from last week when we went to a costume party... They'll do.  But seriously, the ones last night?  Adorable.  Sad stuff.

She made such a good super hero!  And I am so happy that now she gets to wear those shoes every day!  She hasn't worn them out at all except for when she's been dressed up. But now the wings are off, so they're free for normal use.

Happy Halloween a day late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's November.  I am really tempted to drag out Christmas decorations already.  Ah.


1 comment:

  1. OMG! What an adorable super Natalie!!! You did a GREAT job on this costume!!! What a perfect first Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete