Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Crochet Trim Christmas Tree

I am still not great at crocheting, but I'm still working on it.  I didn't want to attempt a full Christmas tree, so I just crocheted a long line of a shell trim.  

 

I actually made two trims but haven't really done anything with the other one yet...





I had a cardboard tree that I was starting to paint gold, then stopped halfway through (obviously) when I decided I was just going to wrap this trim around it instead of painting it.



I just wrapped it around the tree and hot glued as I went.  Super easy.


 
It turned out decently cute I think.  Not as cute as I imagined it would be (nothing is), but cute enough :)

Anything Christmasy and I'm probably going to be ok with it, really. 


 Night time shot.  



Our house is so much better at night these days... Christmas lights are the best.

Here is what happened to the other trim:



This lasted about 5 hours, then it went away because it started to annoy me.  Now the lamps have little Christmas-y colored felted balls wrapped around them.  MUCH better. You'll see those later... whenever our house is clean enough to take pictures :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ali! I think your crochet tree is really cute. One day, I'll master crocheting. I got my Scarfament package the other day, and I really love it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects. Great blog. I am nominating you for the leibster award. Hope you will join in and have as much fun with it as I have.

    Here are the rules:

    Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
    They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
    They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
    They must then choose 11 special bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster award with less than 200 followers.
    These lucky bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog.

    For more details you can visit my blog at at http://mymulberryjunction.blogspot.com/2012/12/leibster-award.html.

    I hope you find it fun!

    ReplyDelete