Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Eight Months

 8 months old! Craziness.

And she has totally lost her mind, I think :)


She is FAR too busy to take the time to eat, so... she doesn't... hardly at all.  Ok, that's not really true.  She's eating enough to stay hydrated and fed and satisfied, but it's a struggle to get her to lay still to eat as much as she probably should be eating.  But, I'm not too worried.  Just a little stressed out :)



Still no baby food, either.  This crazy girl just doesn't know what she's missing.


She's starting to like puffs, so I think we're on our way to something good I hope.  I'm not worried at all about her missing out on any nutrition from baby food right now, but we would love to see her have more interest in food of any sort.  I did get her to eat a piece of cooked carrot yesterday, so that was fun.  But only one, then she was over it.


She is hilarious and makes the cutest faces ever.

(Like this scrunched up nose one... normally it's not quite this scary but she was laughing at the same time)


She's just getting so big now!  Actually she's teeny tiny, but you know what I mean.  I am really anxious to see how tall she is at her 9 month appointment... We tried to measure her the other day and it looks like she's only grown about an inch from her 6 month appointment, and we might even be off on that because she won't sit still long enough for much of anything these days.  So we'll see.  Clearly she is not going to be very tall with both of her parents being shorties, and that is just fine with me.


She still has no teeth and we convince ourselves once a week that she's teething, but she keeps proving us wrong.  We were once again convinced of that this week, but nothing is ready to poke through so who knows.  She has been holding her mouth funny and makings lots of crazy faces and noises, and then with the whole not wanting to eat thing... we thought we'd see a tooth soon for sure.  Maybe she's just being goofy, who knows.

(See? No teeth)

But we love her and I am pretty happy that I get to hang out with her all day (give me one day a week where I'm annoyed by 98% of my day though, k??? Sometimes two. Woops).


She can stand SO good, it's a little ridiculous.  She can already balance without holding onto stuff for a couple of seconds and she is pretty impressive I think.  Not that she's super close to walking, but it's exciting to see her able to do all these things!  She walks along the couch as long as she can hold onto the cushions, and will transfer from one standing toy to another if she's within reach.  I just love to watch her figure this stuff out.  So freaking cute.


She started pulling herself up before 7 months, and now it's all she wants to do.  If she's not crawling around the house as fast as she possibly can, she wants to be standing.  At the door, at the baby gate, at the big window in the living room, at some of her standing toys, at our end tables pulling stuff off... Today it was a bowl of puffs, which Dexter inhaled as soon as he saw them hit the ground. 


She is just a busy little girl.  


I love it.  

So that's been the past month.  Lots of crawling, standing, talking, not eating.  But she's doing better sleeping again so YAY!  About 11 hours the last few nights.  Love it love it love it.


Yay for having an 8 month old!


No comments:

Post a Comment