Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Seven Months Old

 
This kid is officially growing up too fast now.


She started crawling at approximately six months and one week old.  Probably more like six months, one week and 3 days or something like that, but... she's crazy.  And awesome.  
  

She is pulling herself up now, too, so luckily we got that old dangerous TV stand out of here just in time.  Sometimes she gets all the way up onto her feet, sometimes just onto her knees, but it is pretty ridiculous.  I lowered her crib a few weeks ago, and I swear it was like the next day that she started pulling herself up, so I was really really happy I picked the right day to do it!


She thinks she is pretty cool stuff now that she can get wherever she wants to go, and it is adorable.
 (I had to be quick with pictures today.  She kept crawling away!)

She still "talks" all the time and I can't get enough of it.  


She's just hilarious and happy and we love the crap out of her.  

She really is super happy 95% of the time.  I love it.  It seems like ever since she was able to sit up on her own she's just gotten happier and happier about life :) Ha.   


She refuses to eat baby food or cereal for some reason.  I don't think it's even the taste that she dislikes.  As soon as she sees a spoon coming at her face she turns her head and closes her mouth so tight.  I can get her to take a few bites after about 20 minutes of fighting her/singing songs to her to trick her into smiling so I can sneak the spoon in.  SO, we're taking a break for about a week, then we'll try again.  We've tried puffs, too, and she isn't great at grabbing them, but has gotten one or two in her mouth and isn't interested.  Crazy kid.



She's on and off of her excellent sleeping habits lately.  Some nights she sleeps about 11 hours (or more) straight, sometimes she wakes up after 8 hours or so (around 4 AM) and is starving, or just wakes up for some other reason.  But she always goes back to sleep afterwards.  I swear she is having bad dreams sometimes, which is pretty sad, but always makes me wonder what she could possibly be having bad dreams about?  But overall she's still a pretty great sleeper, and just a pretty awesome kid.



 It is a little sad that she's slowly becoming less of a baby and more of a kid, but I am still excited for her to get older and start walking and talking and doing other cool things.  She cracks me up.  



We'll see what the next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment