Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Rearranging the Living Room/A New TV Stand

We rearranged our living room for the third time this weekend.  

Here is what it looked like when we moved in a year and a half ago.


Oh my gosh am I glad we no longer have that brown shag rug... I don't know what I was thinking wanting something so dark and gross :)


And here is what it looked like in January.




And now June.
 



 (Can we pretend I'm not watching Twilight, please?)

I think before we thought we wanted the couch blocking off the room and making sort of an entryway from the front door, but we LOVE how big and open the room is now.  And it gives Natalie much more room to move around.



So, the next (hopefully) project I do, besides maybe rearranging/making new artwork... is that TV stand.  That thing has got to go.  It was SUPPOSED to be temporary when we moved in because we got it from Michael's grandpa and we didn't really have one to use at the time... and Michael likes it... But I hate it.  Hate.  HATE.  It is a dust magnet, and the shelves are glass and I hate all of the sharp corners... All 6 of them.  And all of those things are way more annoying now that Natalie is here rolling/scooting around.  She'll be crawling any day now, so we have to get moving on it.

My mom still has this dresser that I used when I was in college... 



I was obsessed with the whole green/brown combo for years.  They were also our wedding colors and I loved it... but I'm not real excited about the colors now.

BUT, we're going to paint it, put a shelf where those two top drawers are, and use it as TV stand and video game/toy storage.

So I need to start trying to figure out how I want to paint it and what I want to do with it for sure.  I will hopefully have this dresser in my possession within a few weeks so that will be nice.  I have to get it to our house in Illinois from my mom's house about 10-11 hours away in Nebraska.  We're working on it...

I can't wait to get that old TV stand out of here though.  It's going to be so nice. 

So now I'm brainstorming on colors and we'll possibly do new handles... If for some reason this dresser doesn't make it here we will still be using a dresser of some sort.  That's what I'm hoping for, at least.  Until my mom told me she still had this dresser I had been searching garage sales for a good one but have so far been unsuccessful.

Anyway.  I can't wait for a new TV stand whenever we get it finished!  Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment