Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Super Fast Baby Blanket

I wasn't even sure if I was going to post this project because it was such a quick one and I'm not completely happy with the way it came out.  

But, here I am doing it.

When we found out we were having a baby, I came up with a HUGE list of projects I wanted to make.  I have done all of them except for making a ''play mat''... or basically just a blanket to just lay down while she's on the floor playing.

So I threw one together really quickly last week.  It's pretty big, actually, because I literally just took an inexpensive twin sized sheet from Walmart and folded it in half and sewed the sides together.  I didn't really want to put batting in it or anything, but I probably should have.  It still would've been an extremely fast project to make if I had done that, but at the time I had convinced myself that I didn't want to.

I started out by cutting out 3 different sizes of hearts out of Heat 'n Bond. Then picked some fabrics I liked so I could start ironing the hearts to the backs of them.

 


 My pile of hearts.

 Then I just sort of scattered the hearts over the sheet I had sewed together and pinned them in place.



 Peeling off the Heat 'n Bond paper, flipping over and ironing it on.


 Here they are all ironed on!  But I still had to sew them to the sheet.  I used the light hold Heat 'n Bond so you still have to sew your fabric on to get it secure enough to be thrown in the washing machine.  I'm not sure if the heavier duty stuff needs sewn on or not... I'll have to look into that though.  But, this is what I had laying around, so it's what I used.








 All finished!

 I'm not SUPER crazy about this blanket, but... it works.  I feel like we'll end up folding it in half most of the time because it really is much bigger than I had planned on making it.  But I'm glad I completed my list of projects finally! 



Linked:

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm thinking of all kinds of applications for this......wondering what kinds of shapes I could put on curtains.

    ReplyDelete