Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our Finished Nursery

Yay for having our nursery finished unnecessarily early!

I really am so happy we're done with it already and we can just relax and worry about other things.  I love the way it turned out.  Really really love. 

Oh, this little guy came in the mail after I took pictures and I am too lazy to go take more right now ... also, the room isn't quite as tidy as it was the day I took these...  

But I love him :)




So here's the room!!




I am so happy we found this chair on Craigslist for such a good price.  It was practically brand new and very clean, but we shampooed it anyways.  It is pretty comfortable, it rocks and reclines, and is the perfect size for the spot we wanted to use it in.

I made the clouds out of fleece and stuffed them with batting, then made fabric rain drops out of some of the Joel Dewberry fabrics I chose to use throughout the room.


 Leo the Owl sits right next to that tiered tray now.

The two small Expedit shelves are from IKEA.


 I made the alphabet print, the cloud print and the bird print on Picnik.  Then I framed more of the Joel Dewberry fabric.  I like the way it turned out.  I had all of those frames from when our bedroom was upstairs and we had a frame collage.  The little empty frames came from the Michaels dollar bin a few years ago that I've had sitting around, and I spray painted them white. The two standing frames are from IKEA.

I made the tiered tray a few months ago and I'm really glad I finally have a better use for it.  I'm pretty happy I chose navy and white plates since they match the room so well.

Those turquoise boxes were an extremely lucky find at Kohls.  I didn't have a plan for what I wanted to put there yet, and I just randomly stumbled upon these for 70% off.  I got all 4 of them for $10 and they match PERFECTLY... I was pretty amazed and very happy.



 The metal tub is from Michaels.  I got it for $8 with a 40% off coupon.   I don't see them for anywhere near that price anywhere else so I'm glad I was able to get 2 of them before they were all gone, which they are now every time I check.  This tub is filled with the soft baby blocks, the ABC and counting book, and a few taggy blankets and extra birds from the mobile.

The magnet board is from IKEA and I made the alphabet magnets.


 The curtains are the only thing in the room that I'm not completely happy with.  I put navy fabric over top of the old roman shades we used to have on our back porch.  Then I used heat 'n bond on Joel Dewberry fabric and cut out as many flowers as I could and I ironed them on.  I don't mind them, really, but they didn't turn out quite like I imagined.  But they definitely work.  And they really darken the room when they are pulled down and I love that.



I love this line of Joel Dewberry fabric if you couldn't tell... I love the way the bunting quilt, crib sheet and crib skirt look together.

We got our Baby Mod Olivia 3 in 1 crib at Walmart and I absolutely love it.

 The ''LOVE'' print is another one made on Picnik.  It is so easy to make prints on there, it is pretty fun.  I got them all developed through MPIX and they do a really good job and the delivery is pretty fast.

The bird pattern for the bird mobile is here.


Wall art with the Christmas lights turned on!


 And with the shades pulled!  The lights look really cool when the room is completely dark, they shine right on the bird mobile and light them up.



 We got the big and little carrots at IKEA and they torture Dexter every time he goes in that room.  He wants them... bad.  There are more soft blocks and a few other things I made stuffed in there also.  

The picture ledge that we're using for books is also from IKEA.  

I made the cushion, but it's a tad over stuffed and lumpy.  I am happy with it though.  It was my first time using piping and it worked out pretty well.  I somewhat followed this tutorial, but decided to make mine square.


I love our little changing station.  

Another picnik print I made, and IKEA containers which hold our tiny gdiapers, baby powder, diaper rash cream, a thermometer and other "grooming" supplies.

The dresser is the one that Michael used when he was a baby which we painted white and put new handles on.  The box on the side of the changing pad is just an old Amazon box covered in fabric and it holds our baby wipes.


Our chair again, and cloud mobile which I'm so happy I made.  Those were one of the last things I made for the room because it was wayyyy too bare above that chair before.  But it looks exactly the way I wanted it too now.

So there it is!  We really do love it and I think it will be a great room for this little girl to grow into!!
And now we continue to wait...

14 comments:

  1. Your nursery turned out AWESOME! I love that it isn't the standard blue or pink baby theme. AND those turquoise bins are great! What a deal:) That owl bank is adorable as well. Nicely done, Ali:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This nursery is the cutest! You have decorated it so well! I love the cloud mobile idea! And the bird mobile! And the quilt and the reading area...everything! Congrats on the baby! I have a party going on over at my blog that is dedicated to using your craft stash items. The link is open for most of October and I would love to have you join! Here is the link if you are interested: http://mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/2011/10/document.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome nursery! It looks like there was tons of work involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so adorable! I love it all... especially the light up wall art above the crib! Visiting from TT&J

    Rhonda @ home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I featured your nursery on my blog today. Hope that's alright with you! http://mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/2011/10/great-finds-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all but I love the bunting quilt best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooo cute!!! I love how eclectic it is! Lots of pops of color & patterns without being too themey. You did such an awesome job, what an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across this nursery through Lines On My Face and her collection of raindrop inspiration. I love the fabrics and all the little details. Would you mind sharing how you used Picnik to create your prints? I've been messing around with it, but I still haven't figured out your secret! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your nursery... stole lots of ideas! thanks :) What is this paint color?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This room looks amazing! It is so put together but doesn't look over done like many other nurseries I've seen. I love the rain mobile and the magnetic letters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute room! I love the birds on the branch and the little raining clouds - what great ideas.

    ReplyDelete