Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Partial Nursery Reveal

Well, our nursery is about 95% done and I am EXTREMELY excited to share some pictures... but I'm going to try to hold off for a little while.  At least 2 weeks.  It is going to kill me probably, so I'll show you ONE wall to tide myself over.

It's the smallest wall in there but I think I can allow myself to share it.

So here it is!
 

(ignore the glare)

The dresser is one we had that I painted white and put new hardware on.  

A BYGEL rail from IKEA and FINTORP containers (I spray painted the metal rings/hangers around each container silver... I didn't like that they were black) to hold baby wipes/diapers in the long one and I'm imagining a thermometor/fingernail clippers and such/diaper rash cream/miscellaneous items in the small ones.

The changing pad with the cover I made from Joel Dewberry fabric.

Then the print I made on Picnik that cost a whole $2 to have printed at MPIX (which stayed pretty true to color from what I saw on my screen).  Michael sends me emails basically every morning from work and titles them all ''Good morning sunshine'' so I thought it would be cute to make a print with that saying in our baby's room.  When he saw it for the first time he was like ''Hey, I say that to you all the time...''    ''...yep...'' That's the point, buddy :)

I got the frame at Michaels with a 40% off coupon so it was only about $12.  I love it.  I really wanted a big chunky frame for this wall since there wouldn't be much on it and I'm really happy they had just what I was looking for!

It's not a very good sneak peek but it's all you get for now!!

I'm really excited that it's basically done!  Now we just have to wait... a long time... D'oh.



P.S. You know what's annoying? Having hips that were plenty wide enough to begin with but you can feel those suckers getting wider by the second.

Also, outie belly buttons have always kind of creeped me out.  No offense if you have one... I am now one of you.




Linked:
Blue Cricket Design
Someday Crafts
Somewhat Simple
Gluesticks
A Glimpse Inside 
Fingerprints on the Fridge


5 comments:

  1. How exciting! Great dresser redo and sneak peek! It is so hard waiting for that little sweetie to arrive:) And..You will be grateful for those hips on d-day. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buckets are genius, pure genius. Wish I would have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little changing station! Those buckets sure will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo! It's looking fantastic, what a tease! And haha, I totally have an outie but I've grown to love it ;) Just hoping it decides to go back in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so great -- I love it! Can't wait for the rest. Come see my son's nursery if you'd like.

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete