Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baby Quilt

I have been thinking about what I want the quilt to match the nursery bedding to look like for a while, but I could not make up my mind.  I saw so many cute baby quilt pictures all over the place that kept making me change my mind on what I wanted to do.  

But I have seen SO many different uses for bunting on Pinterest and other blogs that kept making me go back to that idea... So I made this little bunting quilt and I pretty much love it.

 

 

(Ignore my poor picture taking skills.)

I am not the greatest at making quilts because I rush through them too quickly... which I definitely did for this one, but I still like it a lot.  Also, after these pictures were taken I sewed on a thicker binding because I didn't really like how thin this one was.  The new one is about half an inch wider and it looks much better/cleaner now, I just didn't feel like re-taking pictures :)  It looks the exact same though... just a little bit nicer.


I cut out triangles of heat 'n bond and ironed them onto the backs of all of the fabric that I wanted to use.   Then I cut out the triangles, peeled off the heat 'n bond paper and ironed them onto the quilt where I wanted them to go.

Pretty easy!


I just used a zig zag stitch along the sides of each triangle and I like the way that looks.


I am pretty happy with it.

I've got another one planned that will just be more of a ''play mat'' to lay on the floor for her to play on using a bunch of random fabrics.  I haven't started it yet, but hopefully I'll get it started and finished this week.  It shouldn't take too long once I decide what I want it to look like.  I'm sure if I were a normal person I'd want to take my time on it, but... I'm not... So I want to get it done as quickly as possible :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is adorable! I would have never thought to try this. Please come and link up on my Mommy Monday! http://momommamoney.blogspot.com/2011/08/mommy-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Nice work...I might have to make one for my little one's nursery soon=)

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Adriane @ fruitfulhomejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable work! What a fun idea:-) I think I will have to use this idea one of these days when I make another baby quilt:-)

    So cute!!! And thanks for sharing!
    Cat
    @catherinascreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Sounds very easy but looks fabulous. I tend to rush too - always want to get things finished quickly ;o) Love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the fabrics you chose. I will be featuring this for Three Things Thursday tomorrow- hope you'll stop by, check it out, and grab a featured button if you like.

    Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt turned out beautifully! :)

    **stopping by from Beneath my Heart

    ReplyDelete