Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Burp Cloths

My first baby-projects-post!  Woo hoo!

Burp cloths made super cute by adding a strip of fabric down the middle.


I love them!

This isn't actually the first baby related project I've done, but I just made these yesterday and I'm pretty excited about how cute they turned out.

I followed this tutorial and they were so easy and they look so so cute.

I just bought a 12 pack of cloth diapers from Walmart for about $12 and used fabric I already had.

My diapers/burp clothes ended up being 18" inches long and the middle strip was just about 5" wide, so I cut the rectangles 19" x 6" to allow for the 1/2" seam allowance on each side.

I love them all, but these are a few of my favorites:








 
 






I'm not going to lie, I'll probably end up making 12 more of these suckers before December comes around.



There will be more baby project posts from now on because as of Monday I'm allowing myself to do/make whatever I want that is baby related even if we do still have 5 months to wait.

I will also share the 2 projects that are already done, which are the bird mobile and the dresser that I painted (which you are getting a tiny sneak peek of in these pictures).

I'm excited!

Oh yeah...

If my choice of fabrics didn't give it away... we're having A GIRL!!!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea to fashion up those plain old cloths! Really cute! Stopping by from {catch a glimpse}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I kept saying I was going to do this but never did and now I don't need them anymore. Will definitely have to file in my to-do's for a baby gift idea.

    Found you on the SYTYC party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! Please post this on my Reap What You Sew linky party, I would be honored! http://the4rsRamblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these burp rags. I've made some of my own. (http://btanders.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-1st-baby-blanket-embellished-burp.html) Practical and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ve the idea I know with our little one we needed lots of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make these for my grown daughter to give as baby gifts, and I use the "rubber sheeting" flannel pads too. I cut a large one in half and then cut one of the halves into halves again. This makes 2 lap pads to protect mommy's clothes or keep the changing table clean, and the LARGE one is perfect to take along to cover the public changing tables found in restrooms while shopping or dining. My daughter often wraps the gift in a pretty gauze receiving blanket, perfect for California babies. :-) I am making another set tomorrow. xo Retired-Teacher/Grammie

    ReplyDelete