Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

We have a turquoise hallway.

Yeah.
Somehow I ended up choosing turquoise for our hallway.  I had picked a pretty subtle teal-ish color that was nowhere near as bright as the color I landed on, but I just kept holding paint samples up next to each other and only liked the really bright ones.  I don't normally like super bright colors,  but I wanted some color in this house, and this is such a tiny area so I figured it might work.  We need to work on bringing in more color into all of our rooms. 

This is the only before picture I took, and as you can see I had already started to paint when I remembered to take one.


It's impossible to even take pictures of this ''hallway'' because it's so small, but I tried.

I actually do really really like it.  At first I wasn't completely sure, but I like it a lot now.  Michael says he likes it, but he was definitely surprised when he saw it.  I don't think he would tell me if he didn't like it though, so who really knows what he actually thinks :)

I bought frames from Michaels with a gift card I had, but we're going to have to work on getting pictures in them.  I don't really care what we put in them, but I have decided that I want them to be black and white... I think it would look good up against the turquoise and with the white molding.


The paint bled really bad under the tape I put around the molding, so I still have to go back and fix that, but other than that I like it a lot!

We did end up switching our computer room with our bedroom, too.  So pictures of that swap will be coming soon.  There is going to have to be some re-decorating going on though... I left the chevron curtains and all of the frames upstairs, so now I don't know what to do down here...

Here are the rooms pre-swap:
Bedroom

Computer room


We'll get it worked out.  It should be fun (for me, at least) to try to figure out what will look good in here.

We did a TON of work yesterday though, and everything is where it should be now.  

You'll probably get to see pictures of the computer room first because there is no decorating to be done upstairs.  

Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I love that color and it pops so well against the white moulding. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete