Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

We're in Chicago!

We're in Chicago!

And we're stuck in the hotel because the weather here is miserable.  And is going to be bad the entire time we're here.  BOO.

But we're going to try to get as much done as we can tomorrow while it's nice and before the storm hits for the night.


SO.  Since we're stuck inside and a little bored, we started playing with the bokeh I made right before we left the house.

I didn't know what a bokeh was before I kept seeing them on Pinterest and thought they not only looked REALLY easy to make, but that make for really really cool pictures!

Here is one website that gives really simple instructions.

My bokeh is not so pretty:

 But it works!!!!
(I think I made my heart a tad too small/skinny but it still worked out alright)
This just slips onto the end of our camera lens.

We tried testing it before we left the house and this was the only successful picture, but I was excited that the chandelier had little hearts on it!

Here are some pictures we've been taking tonight!

They aren't super exciting because it is EXTREMELY foggy here and you can't see many lights... plus our view isn't real cool anyways.  I like that we are right by the Chicago river though!















I think it's so fun!  I hope we can take some more while we're here, but it is supposed to rain EVERY night that we're here so my hopes are too high, but we'll see!

We are having fun being here even though the weather is stupid, but I'm pretty sure we'll be happy to head home on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I've never heard of a bokeh before either...the photos are pretty though with the heart effects! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the crappy weather. Loving the pictures though!

    ReplyDelete