Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Bathroom help!

We are planning on ripping out of bathroom vanity and replacing it with a pedestal sink.  So we've been searching every home improvement store around trying to see if we could match the tiles that are already in there. 

Home Depot? No luck.
Lowes?  Nah.
Menards?  Nope.

So I decided to just call the lady that we bought the house from and ask her if she remembered where they bought the tiles.  I am so happy we bought our house from such nice people, by the way.  I have talked to this woman for way longer than necessary in the short time that we have lived here.  I did feel a little weird about calling though since we hadn't talked for a while.

But she was incredibly nice about it, as I thought she would be, and told me the store they bought the tiles at (somewhere we probably wouldn't have checked) and that she was so excited for our new pedestal sink!  Seriously, she's the nicest lady ever.

So, Saturday we went to the store she told us.  We had no spare tiles to take in and compare, so I just went in there with a picture on my phone of our bathroom tiles.
I showed it to one of the ladies working there, and within about a second of seeing the picture she said "Oh we don't sell these any more, they aren't even available anywhere".

I couldn't believe that she recognized them that quickly!

But... bummer.  No tiles.  They didn't even have any that looked remotely close... so now we're back to not knowing what to do.

We could obviously just re-tile the entire floor but we are going to try to avoid that if at all possible.  Our bathroom is tiny and it wouldn't be that big of a job, but... we weren't expecting to go to all of that work just to put in a new sink.

So.

I need help.

Can you think of ANY way to re-tile the vanity area with different tiles, while still making it look normal?

We've been thinking of maybe making a small border around that area with smallish tiles, then re-tiling underneath there with other larger tiles.  But how do we do that without it looking too crazy?  Is it possible?

Here is a picture of our vanity...

The tiles...


I'm stumped.  I don't want to re-tile.  I really don't.  I'm sure there are other tiles I would LOVE to have in there other than the ones we've got, but I just don't want to mess with it if we don't have to.

Suggestions are welcome!!!

Ok, I am BEGGING you for some suggestions!  

I think we could do something to make it work, I just can't quite figure out what it should look like or how bizarre it would look?

Boo.

I do actually have a project to share, but I wanted to get this out there first :)

HELP!

2 comments:

  1. What about covering the whole floor with those stick down individual squares of carpet? Would that be too gross in the bathroom? I know years ago they did carpet bathrooms...or you could lay a really gorgeous sheet of a nice laminate over top of all. Listen to me...like I know anything.....LOLOL. You know...seriously, you can bring home tiles from the tile shops (to check against your current floor)and I bet you could find one so close if wouldn't even be funny!!! Or choose something contrasting and do a little design element in there! Maybe you could have one of the HGTV shows come and re-do your bath?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that's a bummer. I think your idea of doing a border in mosaic tile is perfect!

    ReplyDelete