Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pinterest, and our Chicago trip!

If you have not joined the website Pinterest you are SERIOUSLY missing out.

Go check it out right now.  You don't have to be a member to browse around, but it is really addicting to get to create catalogs of things you find online and store them in organized online folders, or ''pin boards''.  You have to request an invite to join the website, so I suggest you do that now and then by the time you get your invitation you are completely hooked.

You can follow people's pin boards and then you can see what they are finding online and pinning to their boards... it is very easy to be staring at this website for multiple hours on end and not even realize how much time has passed.  It's awesome.

Here are my boards.  I don't have them categorized as well as some people do theirs, but they work for me.


 Other news...

We are going to Chicago for our anniversary next month, and I am reallllly excited!

I have somehow never been there before.  I haven't been A LOT of places, but I'm pretty sure everyone I know has been to Chicago so I guess I feel like I should have been there by now too.  Plus, we are not very far away from it.  I've been in the Chicago airport if that counts :)  And I've been about 30 minutes outside of Chicago at IKEA... but I've never been on the streets of Chicago.  Ever.

And I have no idea what we are going to do there.
If you have any ideas, let me know!  For real, we'll probably need some help coming up with things to do... but we have both already said that we'd be fine with just wandering around.

The hotel we are most likely staying at is in the Streeterville area, and is about 2 blocks from Michigan Ave. and 5 blocks from Navy Pier.

I'm going to try to make a list of things to do/see:

Cloud Gate (aka The Bean)
I just think it's cool.  And I am pretty sure everybody who goes to Chicago is practically required to visit The Bean and take a crazy picture of themselves in the reflection, right?

The Sky Deck at Willis Tower (Sears Tower)

Even though Michael and I are deathly afraid of heights, I still want to step out into one of these... for about 1 second.


Stalk Oprah and become her new best friend.
Michael has already shot this idea down... But I think it would turn out to be a pretty good deal for him if I were to become Oprah's best friend though.  I am pretty sure she would buy him presents, but whatever.

Navy Pier
It just looks like fun!  I thought the Santa Monica Pier was cool when I was there and it is NOTHING compared to this.  Except I'm pretty sure we won't be as warm in Chicago as I was in California.

Shedd Aquarium
To see this turtle.  

I really don't have much else... My friend told me a really good restaurant to eat at, but I already forgot the name and she can't remember where it was... so hopefully she will remember to email me the name of it and maybe we'll check it out.

What are some fun things to do in Chicago?

3 comments:

  1. I would say Chinatown is a must! And of course the Museum of Science and Industry! You will love Chicago! Have a happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ali! What a GREAT anniversary present. You and the hubs will have a blast! Definitely everything on your list, plus shopping on Michigan Avenue, the Magnificent mile. I am the custom media editor at Midwest Living magazine and we're working with Enjoy Illinois on a Facebook contest called, "Magnificent Getaways Giveaway Contest," which invites people to share recent magnificent Illinois experiences for a chance to win one of three one-of-a-kind, once-in-a-lifetime experiences in Chicago and across Illinois. Here's your chance to post all the great things you do on your trip, plus win a chance to return to see even more Chicago attractions! The Grand Prize alone includes dining (for four) on the Ledge at Skydeck Chicago (yes, you could eat dinner there, not just step out), a stay at the Trump Tower and admission and VIP behind-the-scenes tours at the Art Institute of Chicago, Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry! If this is something you're interested in you can enter one of two ways: http://www.facebook.com/enjoyillinois or on the contest website, http://magnificentgiveaway.com. Please feel free to contact me with any questions at kristin.bienert@meredith.com. Thanks! Kristin Bienert, Custom Media Editor for Midwest Living magazine, Meredith Corporation

    ReplyDelete