Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Wall Art

I've had two plain white canvases sitting around for months... I had fabric wrapped around them and had other plans for them at one point but I never started doing it and then decided I didn't want to do it anymore.

I wanted new pictures hanging at the top of our stairs because I just hung random things there when we moved in, and it was definitely time for them to go somewhere else.

I thought I had a better picture of where they were but I guess this is the best one I've got from right when we moved in:

(I swear it will look nice up here some day... this ''room'' is always kind of left out of my decorating thoughts)

One is just a painting I painted for Michael a long time ago, and one of our wedding pictures.

I just don't like them there at all... I did a lot of random picture hanging when we moved in because there were so many nails already in the walls... so I just walked around hanging stuff up.

So I figured out what I wanted to put on the canvases.  

It took a while to pick a couple of quotes but I finally decided on two.

One is going to say ''Love is all you need'' and the other one ''I will be grateful for this day''

So I started cutting the letters out with the cricut.

Layed them out the way I wanted them.

Then used spray adhesive to spray the backs of the letters then placed them where I wanted them.


After they were all layed out, I used mod podge to go over the top of it to make sure they all stuck and to make it glossy and nicer looking.



I don't know why I didn't just mod podge the entire canvas first, and then just lay the letters down.  I really didn't even think about it, but for the next canvas that is what I decided to do.


When I started to go over the tops of the letters with mod podge it started streaking pretty badly... so then I figured I might as well just go with it and try to make it streak even more.  So that's what I did... Not sure how I feel about it, but it doesn't really bother me so I guess it's ok.

 It does not really look quite this crazy/streaky in real life...

All dry and hung up.




They were very quick little projects and I like them... so I'm happy :)

I do wish I would've made them a little more exciting somehow, but I'm fine with them being plain.


I'm still trying to get Michael to let me paint that bookshelf... I can't stand it!


Linked:
Trendy Treehouse
Someday Crafts
Seven Thirty Three

Yesterday on Tuesday
Paisley Passions 

2 comments:

  1. That bookshelf would look really awesome in black!!! Love your new art!!!

    ReplyDelete