Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bedroom Makeover is complete! I think...

Well, my whole plan to make our bedroom cuter hasn't been too extreme, but it's probably about as far as I'm going to go with it for a while.  I figured I might as well show you what it looks like now since I think I might be done!

Remember what it looked like when we moved in?
Then after I put art and shelves on the wall.


Then after I decided it needed a change, you saw the ruffled pillows, and the new accent pillows, and a peek at the curtains and the ruffles I added to the lamps.

Since then I have been putting some new things on the walls that make it look A LOT better and a lot more finished. 

Here is what it looks like now:
Our leaf comforter is just flipped over now.

The green pillow cases won't be there after we take our flannel sheets off :) They will be the color in the top two pictures.

On our way home from Chicago next month, we are stopping at IKEA and I am going to convince Michael that chandelier should hang in our bedroom.  


So try to imagine it there :)

This His and Hers signs were the first things I got when I decided to put stuff on the walls behind our bed.  They were kind of an impulse buy when I saw them REALLY cheap at Hobby Lobby one day... I'm actually not 100% sure that I like them, but they're alright.  They are probably not coming down, so I'll have to learn to love them :)

I didn't really know what to put on any of the shelves so I just made some quick pictures one day on frames I got at Michaels for $1 each on sale.



There is nothing new going on in the dormer part of our room, and still not sure what to do in there...
My dream is to have a bathroom in there some day :) That is NEVER going to happen, but that is my #1 wish for this house (#2 is built in shelves on the ''hers'' side of our bedroom... just because that's where the TV is that I never show pictures of.  And #3 is to have our window seat built.  #3 is probably going to be the only one that might happen).  It would be sooooooo nice.  Ah.

I like it TONS tons tons better than before, but I will probably continue to slowly add some new things... just not sure what yet :)

The frames on the walls are little plastic frames that I got in the Michaels dollar bins a long time ago:

(in my pile of things that needed spray painted a while back)
I got the square ones from The Dollar Tree that came with a ribbon on them that I just cut off, and the  rectangle ones that are really inexpensive frames from Target.  The empty oval frame is from a flea market.

Then I just used scrapbook paper that I liked to add some color to the walls.

Plus a couple of other random pictures for the shelves... The mustache, the quote (which is just paper on a piece of board that I got at Michaels), and the bird were all just made out of paper I had sitting around.

It was a really easy room makeover and super inexpensive. I realize I didn't make any huge changes though, ether.

But I REALLY REALLY like it, so I am definitely happy with it!

It feels like an actual bedroom now, and not so cave-like as it did before.  

9 comments:

  1. I like the ruffle you added to the bottom of your lamps. What a cute idea! And the bird pic is awesome ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the His & Hers signs! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking love it! Thanks for sharing ~ please stop by and say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty room--I'd spend all day and night in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your window treatments!! The room looks so much brighter now. Very nice job. :) Visiting from CSI! Hope you'll stop by my blog to say hi too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those chevron sheers! Thank you so much for stopping by Emily A Clark's blog this morning and reading about my chair. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. um i love that we love nsync together. #meantforeachother

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete