Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yarn Wreath

We've all seen all those adorable yarn/rosette wreaths that have been floating around for quite a while, I'm sure. 

I decided to join the Cool Kids Club (that has to be a real thing somewhere...) and make one myself.

I made one for our front door a while back after I had to take our Christmas wreath down:


I knew I wanted to make a grey and yellow/cream wreath, so I wrapped the foam wreath in yarn.. which took a long time and was boooring.  Then I made the rosettes out of felt that I've had laying around for a while.  I am not the greatest at making rosettes, but I'm getting better.

(That knot at the top is what it hangs on, you can't see it when it is hung up)

I decided to pin the rosettes onto the wreath so that I can easily change them if I want to... Gluing them on would have been a lot easier and probably would have looked better, but pinning them on wasn't hard and it will be nice not to have to wrap a new wreath if I want different flowers on there.
 See the pins?

 (That looks like a strand of yarn hanging down, but it is just a glare, I promise)


Looks good on our bright red door!


BUT...

Since Valentine's Day is coming up, and I still had some leftover hearts from last year:


 Most even already had those little clips on them... how much easier could this get?

Not much, I don't think.  It took about 3 minutes to switch out the flowers for the hearts... and it looks pretty darn cute if you ask me.



It was still dark out when I took these pictures, otherwise I'd like to think these would've turned out better/clearer.

I like it!


Linked:


Chic on a Shoestring Decor
Sugar Bee
c.r.a.f.t
embellishing life
Making the World Cuter
it's so very Cheri
I heart naptime craft blog 
Not So Homemade  
Pinkapotamus  
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Sew Chatty  
Thirfty Decor Chick  
Vintage Wanna Bee  
Giggles, Glitz & Glam  
Yesterday on Tuesday
Gluesticks
Craft Goodies
sassy sites!
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Kojodesigns

13 comments:

  1. I love this! I want to join the cool kids club and make one, too. So great that you can switch it out for the different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hearts look amazing (and so do the flowers). The option to switch them out is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is such a cute idea! I love that you can switch out it's "bling" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Verrrry cute!! I love gray lately...so extra points in my book ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great idea to make the rosettes/hearts temporary so you can switch them out - the perfect all-season wreath! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your version! The charcoal grey is fabulous & such a versatile backdrop for whatever color rosettes (& such) you want to add. Oh, and so smart to pin them on........perfect for decor ADD folks like myself who crave change. There should be a support group for folks like us HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Great idea making it work for different occasions!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh. I LOVE the hearts. Cute and different than all the roses floating around right now.

    Ellie
    http://Homestitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable. Thanks for linking up over at Giggles, Glitz & Glam!

    Be sure to check out this excellent giveaway: http://www.tinyurl.com/froggygirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Your dog is sooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great wreath, I love the gray and yellow combo. It turned out really gorgeous and classic looking. Great interchangeable heart idea too, and hey, a shout out to that awesome Christmas wreath that I am seeing for the first time... super cute! I featured you today on my wreath round up :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/02/wreath-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. those little hearts are so sweet!!! what a great idea! please come link this to our party over here: http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-heart-shaped-ice.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete