Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

My big plan for yesterday was to decorate our dining room and set up an ''Ice Cream Sundae Bar'' for us.  

And also make some heart shaped pizzas.

I have made heart shaped pizzas every year for Valentine's Day and apparently Michael hasn't figure that out yet, because he kept trying to guess what I was going to make and he never once guessed pizzas.

I think he knows to expect it now though... he thought it was funny that of all the heart shaped foods he had guessed he never guessed pizza because that should have been an obvious guess... and I was like ''AND the fact that I've made it for the last 3 Valentine's Days''.

So, maybe next year he'll know what we'll be having for dinner... or maybe not.  We'll have to wait and see.

I made the pizza with cauliflower crust.  I had only made it one other time but we both thought it was really good.  This time I tried to flip the crust over halfway through so the other side would get nice and crispy too, but that turned out not to be a good idea.  It crumbled completely, so then I had two piles of half baked cauliflower that I had to re-form into heart shapes... It worked, but it definitely wasn't pretty.

It tasted good though!

And I cut pepperonis into hearts as well:


 They were deeeeeelicious.

I thought the dining room turned out pretty fun.  I wonder how long these decorations will stick around before I take them down...




 All of the toppings!  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Dark chocolate chips, Valentine's Day sprinkles, Toffee bits, chopped up Cherry Three Musketeers, Oreos and Chocolate syrup... I forgot to put out the whipped cream and didn't remember until we were done with our ice cream... boo.

 They had packages of little tongs at the Dollar Tree that worked perfectly.


 The Table decorated with confetti, Taffy and Cherry Three Musketeers... Cherry Three Musketeers are the most delicious candy bars ever...

 My ice cream concoction with EVERY topping that I had set out. Sooo good.

 Michaels was BORING and only had Chocolate Syrup, Oreos and Chocolate chips.


 Here are the treats I made for him to take to work... Is that normal for a wife to make husbands food to take to work?? I feel like I am sending a Kindergartener off to school with treats sometimes... And I have to email him to make sure he is sharing :)  

Dexter got in on a little V-Day action and at least got to dress for the holiday in his ''I Chew Chew Chews You'' shirt.  He loved it, obviously.


He looks like a little old man in this picture.  It cracks me up.

Also, I forgot to take picture of the Valentines I made for my nieces, so Kristin took a couple of pictures for me after they had already taken the suckers off.  It looks like she had Imrie stick her sucker back in after it had already been unwrapped so you can kind of tell what's going on.
I had pictures of Dexter developed, then laminated them and then slit two holes on each side of his mouth and stuck a sucker through it.  The picture I chose for Aubrey's was pretty perfect for the whole sucker thing because he really was chewing on something in the picture I took of him.

Imrie's worked out ok too though.

It's too bad Dexter doesn't know how cool he is.


So it was a good day.  I am ready for holidays to be over though so I stop having an excuse to bake things and buy candy...

I am ready for this warm weather to come so we can start going for walks with this little dog.  I wonder how far he'll make it before he refuses to go any farther.


 Linked:
Paisley Passions

9 comments:

  1. How fun! I am in LOVE with your chandelier! Where did you get it? It looks wonderful with all your Valentine's Day decor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a good idea to read this post before lunch!! I'm starving now...so sweet and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband is a lucky man!!! WOW! You are a ball of fire for creating fun and beauty! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Valentine cards you made using the dogs pic and lollipops! Once again, you have amazed me! I know the girls loved them!!! Now you can start on St. Patricks Day stuff!!! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ice cream sundae bar idea! Amazing! And how cute are those heart-shaped pizzas! I love that picture of Dexter on the dining room rug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali! Cute V-day pizzas!
    My last comment didn't make sense so I deleted it...ha.

    I also wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! Congrats and come on over to check it out!
    http://missloviecreations.blogspot.com/2011/02/exciting-news-and-some-blogs-you-should.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa nelli! Ali, that is quite the set up!! It looks fantastic... how cute and creative are you? So fun. What a lucky hubby he is to have you. And your house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart shaped pizzas are the cutest pizzas that I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea- I love the thought of the cauliflower pizza crust, I can't wait to try it. Found you through Paisley Passions Fun w/Food Friday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete