Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

More new pillows... Yes.

I have been in pillow making mode all week.

The ruffled pillow cases came first.
 

Then I decided to re-cover the pillows that came with our bedding.

Here they are in a big pile after I drug them all downstairs last week...

 
The ruffled pillows took the place of the 2 on the bottom.  Then we have 2 Euro pillows and 5 accent pillows...  Plus two regular pillows that currently have our flannel pillowcases on them.  I'm not messing with those yet.



I picked out some Fabric for 3 of the accent pillows and the Euro pillows (which are folded up...)

 I made the Euro shams of another chevron patterned fabric. 

I looove them.

I am more than happy to replace the old ones with these.



Then I did the 3 accent pillows... And I suppppppose I'll give you a sneak peek to the bedroom since this is the only picture I have taken of those pillows finished.


The comforter is flipped over so the leaves don't show.  They were only at the foot of the bed anyways, but it looks better with the new curtains and pillows that they aren't showing.
I love that the colors of the Euro pillow fabric goes with the comforter and ruffled pillows... and I LOVE our new curtains.  It is so much brighter in there now and I love the colors and pattern.

I like the accent pillows too.  These were not my best work, though... All of the pillow cases are too big for the pillows, but... I'm ok with it.

That's all you get to see of the bedroom so far, and honestly there isn't a whole lot else to see yet :) But still! You have to wait.

I am planning on covering the remaining 2 accent pillows, but for now they are just hanging out in the spare bedroom.

(I am collecting R's if you couldn't tell. I have another one that I need to hang up, too... and one that I have had for a long time that I haven't seen since we moved in.  No idea where it went.)

I am still trying to figure out a good way to cover that neck roll pillow (or whatever they are called), I have never done one before.

I found 2 tutorials that seem like something I could handle.


I am just kind of burnt out on pillows at the moment, so they will have to wait.

I also re-covered 2 of our couch pillows in the same fabric that I made our curtains out of because I ended up with almost a yard left over.

This was the old pillow case:


I made them a while back and found the tutorial here

It was really easy and I still think they are really cute, but the felt is getting all fuzzy and it has been bugging me.


They look pretty good still for being as heavily used as they are, but Dexter has taken a liking to them and thinks he can chew on the petals.  He doesn't do it very often, but I'd like to have pillows on the couch that don't have anything on them that are too temping to him.

And... I was just ready for a change.  That's the main reason, honestly.

Making these pillow cases is so easy...

I had to take a picture of the back of this pillow because it was totally a coincidence that these pieces matched up so perfectly.  


I wasn't trying to make them match because I really don't care what the back looked like, but I was impressed :)

Front:


On the couch:


I like them a lot!

I'm pretty happy with the way all of the pillows have turned out.  

17 comments:

  1. I love it! I have been wanting to make decorative pillows for the living room, but I want to swap couches first. I also want some for my room. I just can't decide what accent color I want in there. I think I know, but there is a quilt I want to make with a certain fabric. If it doesn't look okay in the living room, it will go in the bedroom. Then I will be doing a different accent color. I also need to make curtains. Come do it for me :) Or at least come, kick everyone out of my house and spend a weekend helping motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I made my first ever pillow a few months ago and it's addicting, there are just so many pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them - I agree about pillows. so fun and easy to do and it always makes me feel like I'm a real Martha (Stewart). Your curtains are great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great job! The pillows are fabulous! I love the curtains. I just got that same chevron fabric and am in the process of making memo boards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. The ruffled is probably my favorite (maybe because it is cute and looks like something I could actually do....with a prebought ruffle of course!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali they look AWESOME! i love chevron fabric lately. So modern yet classic for some reason. It gives the room just the right amount of sass. Totally cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks like you're on a roll. If only I could sew...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ruffled pillow! I wish I enjoyed sewing, but it's just not my thing. They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my word...I have been on SUCH a pillow kick lately...it's a little obsessive. So of course I LOVE these!! I really like the chevron ones and the ruffled ones!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! They remind me of West Elm!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I featured your project today...come grab a "featured" button! :) Also, please put a link to my blog for future posts...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You've been busy! Love the chevron pillows - so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hop on over to the Party! Would love for you to link-up @

    http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

    The Treasurista
    Finding and Creating FUN things...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for pillows. I've been working on some for our home, too. Isn't it fun? Quick project with beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these! I have a whole stack of pillows waiting to be upcycled into something beautiful like these!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the purple flower... I need to redo my own pillows soon!!! what a great idea! please come link this to our party over here: http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-heart-shaped-ice.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete