Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Hello New Bathroom


I am the most impatient person on the planet. I probably should've waited at least another day before I put things on the walls in the bathroom, but I couldn't wait. Seriously, I couldn't make myself do it.

I finished painting this morning... and just got done hanging some stuff up. It looks so much better in there. I would definitely have never called this color "French Grey" because it definitely just looks blue to me. Kind of a slightly cloudy blue, I'll admit, but... definitely blue. It's really hard to get a picture of what the color actually looks like... it is not QUITE this blue in person, but it's fairly close.

Let's look at what it looked like before... just for fun.

Our bathroom is so tiny that it's almost impossible to take pictures of it, by the way:



Ready???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


It's really not that fantastic, but I do like it TONS TONS TONS better. I finally made a picture/sign that I have been wanting to make and I'm glad I didn't do it before I painted:

Can you read it yet?

How about now?

No these pictures are not flipped. I made it backwards so when we look in the mirror we get a nice little compliment :)


I like it.

And the colors in the paper that I used are basically PERFECT with all of the bathroom colors.

Ok, moving beyond the sign now...


If there is one thing you need to know about me it is that I am in loooove with succulents. Like, I kind of wish Michael was a succulent farmer or something so that when we got married I could move onto a succulent farm and we could be surrounded by succulents for the rest of our lives. Seriously, I am obsessed with them. I don't even know what it is about them, but I can't get enough of them. And I have managed to keep these little babies alive for quite a while now and I love them:



More bathroom... Do you see this ridiculous blue-ness??? I really don't mind it, I just didn't expect it to turn out like this at all.

I had been planning on switching out those not so cute flowers in the bathroom vases for the succulents before I painted, also, so I had them here and all ready to go today when I finished.





So, I'm happy. It's much better.


Our bedroom is getting some changes, too. I was hoping I'd be a little faster and have them done by the time Michael got home... I probably still could, but I don't want to rush.

It's not so bad, though, right?



I just put those shelves up the other day and it made a huge difference just to have something on those walls... So much better. These changes I'm making are tiny and nothing drastic, but I do not want to tell you/show you what I'm doing until it's done... I have a feeling I might not like it and things will end up looking exactly like this again... But, we'll see.

Here is a sneak peek. Our lamps grew ruffles and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet:

What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. That is a really pretty shade of blue. I love your idea of putting the succulents in the little holders on the wall too! I adore succulents myself and think that's a brilliant thing to try. I like your lampshade too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sux are looking so good in thier little terrariums!!! I really like the ruffled curtain shade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! Love the blue in the bathroom... and the clever sign... reminds me of Stuart Smalley :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete