Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Our new friend...

We bought a puppy!!!

I swore that we weren't going to have a dog... I just thought it would be way more work than we would want to put up with right now... We had been looking at kittens and I really imagined us having a cat very soon... but we were at the pet store yesterday, and I just couldn't resist the Yorkie Poo's.

So we brought one home :)



His name is Dexter. He is 8 weeks old and weighs about 2.5 pounds, and he is a handful... He is so playful and cute though. The only hard thing is the potty training, and I am already stumped. I keep going back and forth on what I think is the best way to do it... We'll try crate training him, but for now rather than take him outside we are having him go on pee pads... it is so cold out and I don't want to take him out there 20 times a day.

I have no idea if that's a bad decision or not, but it's what we're going with for now. I really don't feel like it will be that hard to transition him from pee pad to going outside. But we'll see.

If we can get him going on the pee pad regularly I will be more than happy. He's doing ok so far actually. He's definitely not taking himself to the pee pad to go, but he's gone on it a couple of times today.

I like him. We went and bought him a tag with his name on it today and a couple of other toys for him to chew on, rather than my pant leg or the coffee table or my slippers... or the rug... or cords, for crying out loud.

What a crazy little guy.

But we are going to have lots of fun with him, and I am really happy we decided to bring him home instead of a cat :)



7 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Congratulations on your new addition!

    What would you do with a $75 gift card?  I have a  giveaway on my blog right now for just that!  

    Come on over and enter!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh myyyyyyyyy...................... CUTENESS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the cute puppy. i also like how you've wrapped your Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pup is too cute!! I am in LOVE with that name, as I am obsessed with that show. And if I ever get another dog his name is definitely going to be Dexter. :)

    ReplyDelete