Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Treats and Our Gift Exchange

Well, I think I'm done baking. I am so ready for our kitchen to be clean and have everything put away... Ah. Hopefully part of that will happen tonight and the rest of it tomorrow. Things are still sitting out to cool/dry.

I love frosting cookies with royal icing. Some day I will get more creative with it and do more details, but I wasn't really in the mood to try that today.

I made LOTS of chocolate covered treats, and not enough cookies... but that's ok. People better be happy with whatever they get!

I'll start with the chocolate covered stuff that I did Friday, Saturday and yesterday:

Candy Cane Kiss Pretzels

Christmas bark with toffee bits and M&M's

I thought it would look kind of fun if I just made little dots all over these... I think it does look kinda cute, but also a little creepy... What do you think?


I didn't make nearly as many chocolate ones and didn't feel like doing the polka dots. But I always like doing the drizzling too.

Chocolate Covered pretzels... ignore how sloppy they look.


Michael bought me a silicone cupcake/muffin pan/mold for Christmas, and I had lots of extra almond bark after all of this stuff was done so I poured just a little bit in each cupcake spot and topped it with chopped up M&M's and toffee bits... they taste delicious and are pretty cute with their little snowman faces :)

I broke a few of them on the first pan, but after that I got the hang of it and only ended up breaking 2 or 3 heads out of the 4 or 5 pans I made.

I was in the kitchen taking pictures of all of this stuff while Michael was making bacon. He was like ''Take a picture of this!''... So I did...

Mmm... Bacon.

Back to the chocolate...


Oreo balls... I'm told they are pretty tasty :)


I saw these HERE and thought they looked good... Mine did not turn out as good... My corn flakes did not get coated properly I don't think because you can see the yellow through the green, butttt... oh well. They will be fine. They're still pretty cute I think.


Chocolate Sugar Cookies


The trees turned out the best.



Little Sugar Cookies


I'm so happy I'm done. I can't wait to start passing this stuff out to people and get it out of here :)

Alright, so Michael and I are insanely impatient and we exchanged Christmas presents on Saturday night. We had actually made a plan to do it on Sunday because we knew we weren't going to be able to wait... we are 5 years old if you didn't know...

Well I was REALLY glad I had made those bags to hang up with our stockings because it turns out I don't follow the rules either. Hardly any of my presents for him fit in his stocking. I made those things way too small apparently... but everything fit either in the bag or the stocking so I was happy!


Well... look at how much Michael SOOO does not follow the rules...


Ha. He is ridiculous.

Maybe next year we won't make the rule that everything has to fit in the stocking because we both obviously suck at it :)

But it was fun. And now I'm even more excited for Christmas! I just like giving people presents...

And it was a good thing we did open presents that night because he gave me a lot of Christmas cookie cutters that I got to use yesterday :)

Perfect timing.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I love the look of all of it...the little round cookies with white chocolate and the dots are soooo cute...look kinda snowy! What a great baker you are...I know everyone loved them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah - that is some major goodie baking!! They all look so delish and I love the polka dot ones. Hmmm, now I think I need to take a trip to my own cookie jar.... Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete