Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Cards

I spent alllll day today making Christmas cards. I made some the other day, and thought that today would just be spent writing on them and finishing them up. But it turns out that they were UG-LY. So I made new ones... annnnnnd I kinda love them.

I used embroidery thread and stitched snowflakes on most of the tree cards, and stitched hooks onto all of the ornaments. It was fun.








I like them. I'm pretty happy I didn't use the first ones I made... Blech.

I love our Christmas tree, too. I almost think it looks prettier without the lights on during the day when you can see the berries and... green things... whatever they are :)



This picture does not do it justice. The flash is much too harsh and it doesn't look as great as it does in person, but I LOOOVE it.


...But I kind of can't wait for Christmas to be over so we can get rid of these presents!! I'd keep tree up all year, but the presents need to go.

12 comments:

  1. wow!!! those are really pretty -- and someone is lucky to receive one!!! i love your craft paper gift wrapping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your handmade Christmas cards are stunning. The recipient is receiving an early Christmas gift, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest Christmas cards in the universe! The stitching just makes them SHINE! Your tree is lovely...love how you hung the garland! The presents are even adorable in the wrappings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO!!! Im your newest follower! Those cards are TOO CUTE! Love them! And your tree is beautiful! Girl,Im with you on the Camera MESSIN up the look...Ive been having that same PROBLEM! Gggrrr! I would LOVE for you to visit my design blog and 14 days of xmas trees! I have a giveaway that would match your decor! Im going back to check out MORE of your blog!

    *ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alli, I just read your comment about the sweater vases and wanted to come by and say, Merry, merry Christmas.

    Your cards are amazing and what a gift you have given the recipients.
    Thankyou for your visit today,
    Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments. Merry Christmas!

    ~Renee@ shabby-chic-charming.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. your cards are so cute. Definitely looks like you put a lot of hard work into them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yours are very cute as well! Have a lovely Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers! They look great! So ambitious! Glad you liked the baby shower, and thanks for letting me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Christmas cards are great! And your tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! Beautiful. You did such a nice job! Would love for you to visit me at Sew Chatty and link up to Made with Love Monday! The party will be open until Friday if you want to link up multiple projects. Hope you have a great day! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with your hand made cards! (and your puppy is pretty darned cute too:) Would you mind if I featured these cards on my blog??

    ReplyDelete