Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Basement

So, our basement is going to be our biggest indoor project for sure. Nothing else in the house needs work except for possibly (hopefully) painting the bathroom.

We have to put down new flooring and paint the wood paneled walls... but the thing that is driving me the most crazy about trying to figure out what to do is this freaking wet bar.

I think it's pretty fun that we have a wet bar but it is not real attractive and I'm not sure what to do with it.

See?


Lovely, right?

So for the last few days I've been making BEAUTIFUL drawings in Paint of wet bar designs :) Michael always makes fun of me when I use Paint for anything because it is probably the crappiest program on the planet, but... whatever. It's easy and I like it. So there.

I made Kristin make me one too and she had to show me up with her fancy Google Sketch picture. Psh. I did ask her to make me one so I can't be too mad that hers looks better I suppose.

Here is the one I made the other day:

I know it's hard to see, but hopefully you can click on it and it will make it bigger. And if not, this post is going to be pointless.

We have not decided on a color for the basement walls, so I have no idea what it will be. We both think green would be good, but I'm kind of up for anything as long as it isn't too dark. I like dark walls but Michael doesn't want the basement to feel like a cave.

Here are the pictures I made today:

This is the one I made to look the way the bar looks now.




I really want glass tiles or something on part of that back splash. Then I think it would be nice if we put long shelves that go all the way across the back instead of those dinky little corner shelves.

And it would be cool to put a nicer/bigger countertop on there that extends out a bit so we can put stools there and actually sit at the counter.

I like the stainless steel tiles, and if we did those they would go with basically any paint color. I just kind of picked blue randomly, but I like it.



Next:
These are such crappy quality... maybe Paint does suck.

Anyways, just a new paint color and new backsplash on this one.




Next:


I forgot to change the backsplash picture on the right, but oh well. Just a new paint color and backsplash again.



I really don't know what color I want down there... at all. No clue. And I don't know how to paint it!!! Do we paint it all one color, or do we paint the ''molding'' (I don't know if it can be classified as molding or not'' white??? I don't know what to do. I need help.

That basement is going to be such a pain with all that wood paneling. It's so hard to imagine what a new color on the wall will look like... Ugh.

We'll get it figured out I'm sure, but it's definitely annoying so far.

We really need to decide on what kind of flooring we want to put down... Either carpet or tile of some sort. We just don't want to have to deal with getting water in the basement if it happens... but we'll probably have to eventually.

I don't know. The basement is the only thing I am dreading. It will be SO nice when it is finished though. It's going to be awesome.

We just need to start making some decisions.

15 DAYS!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ali! I like all the changes you made! I kinda like the green, but I imagine it will be good to go with whatever will be in the adjoining room. I was going to say if you just take down the frilly strip off the top, and change out the hardware to what you like, and paint it, it would be great...and that is about what all you did there in your drawings! It will look very kinda fresh/funky/retro! Very cool! The modern lighting is great too!

    ReplyDelete