Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Houndstooth rice warmer.

New layout... Cute? Ugly? I can't decide. I'm sure it will change many more times before I'm happy with it.

I have about a million ideas of things I want to make right now. Some nights I can't fall asleep because my brain won't stop... but when I actually have time to sit down and make those things, I'm not in the mood. Like today... And most days. And half the time I can't remember the BRILLIANT ideas I had the night before.

However, we were grocery shopping this afternoon and one of my million ideas was to make a rice bag foot/stomach/back warmer. I followed THIS tutorial and it was insanely easy...

I sat and looked at all of my fabric for about 10 minutes without saying a word, then finally decided on arguably the UGLIEST piece of fabric in my collection. It's so ugly it's awesome, and I didn't know what else I would use it for... so it was the lucky winner.

Front:
Back:

I really do like this fabric, but it is not the most attractive thing I've ever seen. I love houndstooth though.

It didn't take long at all, and I kind of want to make like 100 of these and make a nice warm rice-y bed out of them. But really, I feel like this might become a definite go-to homemade gift for some super lucky people in my life... We'll see if I'm in the mood to make them when the time comes. I'm sure I will be since they are so quick, easy and amaaaazing. I really love them. I think I just really love to be warm... or hot. On a single 13 x 6 inch part of my body.

This is going to feel sooo good on my stomach on those days where it is trying to kill me by hurting so badly. I think the weight of it will make it feel even better. The heating pad always helps, but this will be nice because it was put a little bit of pressure on it as well.

Here's a word of advice though... If you are going to make one of these, make sure your microwave doesn't smell like bacon before you put it in there. Because it will, indeed, come out smelling very strongly of bacon. Our microwave got a scrub down after the first time this baby went in it.

Annyways... I hope I start making things more often. I always have so much fun doing it.

I think I'm going to start making a baby quilt for Michael's sister... She is due in February so I've got plenty of time. But I have some ideas of cute/simple-ish quilts. And it would be fun to make a cute little baby quilt.

I think I'm also going to start making baby booties... just for fun. For random gifts and such.

I took a friend's 10 year old daughter to garage sales this morning. It was really fun. I looove garage sales, and I was happy I took her because she has as much fun at them as I do. She finished with like 5 bags full of stuff. She got pretty lucky finding cute shirts and accessories (purses, a watch, earrings, etc.) that she liked. I came home with a board game (Fact or Crap... honestly I'll probably never play it, but it could be fun?) , "High School Musical: Remix". Oh yes, I did buy this movie. How could I pass this up for $2? AND there is a sing-a-long version on the second disc. So awesome... seriously.

A candle warmer to take to work. Our room gets stuffy, and since it is summer and all of the kids wear flip flops and sweat like crazy, it starts to not smell the greatest. I don't know if we'll use it because I'll be paranoid about us forgetting to turn it off and stuff... but it was 25 cents, so I figured we could give it a shot.

I also got a magnetic dry erase board with a spot for an 8 x 10 picture frame at the top. It was brand new and only $2 so I was excited about that.

That might be it. It was a fun morning. I love looking through other people's stuff.

Ok. Enough rambling.

Hopefully more posts will be popping up with awesome new projects in them. I'll try to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment