Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Projects!

Well, to appease my one and only reader I figured it was time for a new post... I have no idea what this is going to turn into because I have nothing exciting going on here and I've been lazy and boring lately and haven't been making anything cool.

Hmm...

...
..
.

Ok, here's what I'm going to do.

I've got hundreds (really, it's pretty sad) of websites bookmarked into a "Craft Stuff" folder on our computer, so I'm going to go through them and post some of my favorite crafts that I may or may not be trying to make at some point in my life... hopefully soon, because I'm dying to do something crafty.

So here they are...

Some of my favorite craft projects at the moment:

  • Glass Etching



I own nothing glass that I particularly want to etch, but... this is so cute that it makes me want to find something. I think it would make a cute gift too if you could find the right thing, and personalized it somehow? A cute wedding gift maybe?? I don't know.

Here is the tutorial. It seems pretty simple!


  • Fabric Covered Magnets



I have no excuse for not having made any of these yet. I have plenty of buttons and PLENTY of fabric to make lots of cute magnets... You can also make these into thumbtacks very easily, which is definitely what I will do if I ever end up making these. Just glue a thumbtack on the back instead of a magnet. Again... simple! And so cute.

Tutorial.


  • Felt Heart Pins


These might not be the most exciting craft on the list, but they are just so cute I couldn't leave it off. And I really do love felt, I don't know what it is... it's just fun. I don't have much else to say about these.

Go here to make your own.


  • Coasters made from tiles and paper napkins


I am always kind of weary when using mod podge on things that are going to get wet... I'm assuming it works just fine because people do it all the time, but I am always afraid it's going to end up getting gooey and ruining whatever it is that I just made. But these might be worth a try. I'm sure you could use cardstock or other decorative paper instead of napkins, too. I'm pretty picky about stuff like this, but these could make a cute gift... but maybe just for your mom or grandma because they have to love you even if they turn out crappy.

Here.


  • Custom Magazine Files



I think these are so impressive! I love things to be organized, and magazine files make me so so happy. I am totally going to make some of these, you just wait. It will be fun to get to pick all kinds of different paper to use on these... exciting!

Erin, if you look at the bottom it says they come out to costing around $.56 each! :)

However, I do think these could end up being a little tricky. And you would definitely want to do a good job on them so that they are sturdy enough.


Take a look.

  • Fabric Bookmarks



There is no tutorial for these, but they're pretty self explanatory... glue some pretty fabric onto some cardstock. Punch a hole in the top and tie on a ribbon. Tada!



  • Wall Art made from foam


I think these are really cool. Whenever I think we need some new art on our walls I just go paint something, but it would be fun to have something different to hang up. And these seem easy and inexpensive enough not to try eventually. I don't think we have any more room in our apartment for something like this, but maybe some day I'll give it a shot.

Tutorial.


  • Bird Mobile



This is something that I saw a long time ago and have been saving and re-saving and refusing to delete because I want to make it for my future child. I just think it's adorable, and I'm not a huge fan of most mobiles... but this one is precious and unique. And I love it.

There is a pattern for the bird, but other than that you're on you own.


Little Boxy Pouch



Hey! Here's something I actually made! This is not my picture obviously, because mine did not turn out nearly this good. I made mine a lot longer and I keep it in my purse for all my random necessities... like about 100 peppermints. It really is packed full of peppermints right now and I'm not real sure why. But it was really simple... and definitely useful!

Tutorial.




I could go on and on. I've got so many fun possibilities, I just need to finally pick something and do it! I tend to just stick to painting when I'm in the mood to make something... I think it is time to try something new.

So hopefully one of these days I'll be back with some pictures of some things I've actually made myself... other than just drooling over other people's creations.

Erin, did this satisfy you at all? You do know you're the only one who reads this, right? Maybe Kristin does... Do you? Hello??

We'll see if I can get an answer out of her.

Anywayyys.... I'm done!

3 comments:

  1. It was ALMOST satisfying. I wish you would do one of these crafts, then I would be satisfied! I think you should start with the fabric covered magnets because I have seen those and I wanted to try them myself, so you should try those and tell us how to do them or and then I will try them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How close do you live to story city Iowa? Theres suppose to be a cool store there!

    ReplyDelete