Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Whaaaaaaat

Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
-Jack Handy


We are going camping.

Some day.

We want to go camping for our anniversary, but I am thinking it might not work out to go next weekend. But we'll go eventually. Maybe in May.

We bought this Coleman tent at Target yesterday, and I wast just reading the reviews for it and they aren't so good :) Way to go, us. Most of them said that the tent leaks... and the poles are bad. So... that's just great.

Hopefully it will be ok for us though. It's not like we'll be using it real often anyways. Hopefully more than once...

It is currently set up in our living room - minus the rain fly. We barely had enough room to get it up, and we didn't feel like trying to put the rain fly on. Michael was imagining a tent pole going through the TV and decided he would rather not have that happen . It smells like a tent in here...

I've been looking at camping sites. I asked a girl I work with where we should go and she said Acorn Valley. I looked at the virtual tour of the tent sites and it does look pretty fun, so maybe we'll do that. Each little camp site is set back into the trees... I hope it actually looks like that in real life though. It's hard to tell.

Camping is a lot of work. I always over pack, and I'm sure I'll want to bring every little thing we could possibly ever need for one night of camping.

We will probably need a cooler of some sort, which we don't have. We both have sleeping bags, but mine is really crappy and is probably child-size. I don't think I've ever slept in it.

We'll have to go buy food if we're going to grill, which we probably will. And of course we will be making smores, or I'm not going.

Ughh... too much for me to think about right now. Like I said, I don't think we'll be going any time soon. Acorn Valley doesn't open until the end of May anyways, so we have plenty of time to prepare. And knowing us we will probably never end up going anyways, and we'll just go sleep in Kristin and Jeremy's backyard for a night. And most likely be woken up at 6 AM by a three year old girl.

This one, to be exact:

We'll see what happens.

That's all I've got.

1 comment:

  1. That pic is so cute. Im jealous that I'm not an Aunt yet. I hope you go camping and you won't have to worry about the tent leaking if you go when it doesnt rain ;)

    ReplyDelete