Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

One year, two cakes.


Yesterday was our 1 year annivesary, so we FINALLY got to eat the top tier of our wedding cake that has been sitting in our freezer since the big day. Michael has been talking about eating this thing since we left our wedding reception I'm pretty sure... and has been getting more and more excited the closer we got.

The cake was looking pretty rough when we unwrapped it from two layers of tin foil and took it out of the ice cream bucket, so I tried to smooth it out as much as I could but it didn't end up helping a whole lot. Not that it mattered anyways, it just bothered me that I looked bad.

I was positive it was going to taste like freezer burn, so I also made us a carrot cake to eat just in case. Because we obviously need to eat at least one entire cake all on our own one way or another... Well we did eat the carrot cake, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the wedding cake was incredibly delicious also. So I'm sure we'll be finishing it off within the next few days.

We're fatties.

Oh, and Michael broke our knife in the cake. We were impatient and didn't wait long enough for it to thaw completely, and the handle snapped off and left the blade sitting nicely in the middle of the cake.

Like so:

Then Michael laughed and I got mad at him for laughing because I really liked that knife. Boo.

We went to see a movie in Ames yesterday called Sunshine Cleaning, and... it was not what I thought it was going to be. It wasn't funny at all like I was expecting. Just sort of weird... and slow.

But then we went to La Fuente and that made up for the crappiness of the movie.

Mmmm... enchiladas...

Here's a lovely shot to end this, of our recently murdered knife in action:
He was such a good knife.

2 comments:

  1. I ruined our knife from ur wedding at easter. I almost cried. Maybe those knives are just made to look pretty and cut one piece of cake and then put in a bok as a keepsake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh...your wedding dress was so beautiful! AND your cake was tooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete